Tuesday 15 February 2011

2)-How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

I feel that my main product and ancillary texts combined to a certain degree work effectively as part of a promotional campaign. As my product is an independent film I did not feel that I had to show continuity across all three texts, which is why I didn’t include all my characters in all three texts. However I did chose to follow continuity my female protagonist (who the narrative belongs to) as she is depicted in all three mediums.


Magazine:-
I chose to use the female alone because whilst doing my research I discovered that the male viewer is the principal voyeur of film magazines. Therefore by using a still of my female character-she was used as an object for male desire and a vehicle to attract potential viewers. Also for the female viewer she can work as a role model, someone young girls want to mimic to attract male.

Poster:- I used both my characters to entice viewers into a world where romance and tragedy will come into play (through my close shot). Also the typography and title will raise controversy.

Teaser Trailer:- In the opening Zara is the first person on screen, automatically the audience she informed that the narrative belongs to her; also this compliments the fact that she has been promoted in all three texts.

No comments:

Post a Comment